The Cajun spices in the pasta salad pep up your plate in this dish. We’ve included ready-made Cajun seasoning, but if you want to make your own there’s details at the foot of the page. Use gluten-free pasta if needed, and if you want a lower glycaemic index with your carbs, use wholemeal rather than ‘white’ pasta.
Total Fat: 7.8g
- 1 packet HECK Simply Chicken burgers
- 1 tsp Cajun spices
- Lo-cal spray
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ red onion
- 100g baby spinach
- 80g dried pasta shapes of your choice
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 140g fat free natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.
1. Slice the peppers and onion and then sauté over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes with the Cajun spices and a few spritzes of low-cal spray. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Cook the pasta until al dente, drain well then fold in the cooked peppers and onion. Set aside until cooler then add the baby spinach and dressing.
2. Cook the burgers according to the packet instructions, then serve up with the Cajun pasta salad.
3. To make your own Cajun spices, combine the following and keep in a jar for use: 1 tbsp sweet paprika; 1 tbsp garlic powder; 1 tsp ground white pepper; 2 tsp onion powder; 1 tsp ground cumin; 1 tsp cayenne pepper; 1 tsp dried oregano; 1 tsp dried basil
Visit BodyPower Experience 2019 for more fun recipes.